Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Gotta Get Involved!

Yesterday was the Student Activities Fair, or the "Free Stuff Fair" as us students call it because of all the free stuff you get from the people promoting their organizations.  This year there were tons of great stuff - sunglasses, snowcones and milkshakes, candy, tennis ball key chains, tote bags and lots and lots of cups!  Students Senate also had their free BBQ at the fair.  I was totally lovin' the coleslaw and Caesar salad.  Everyone looked like they were having a great time, mingling around the tables.  I hung out at my sorority's table and talked to girls about going through recruitment.  I also spent some time trying to get the full set of Sigma Alpha Epsilon purple/white/black cups for my little sister, Andrea.  Mission accomplished.
My sorority's table at the Free Stuff Fair.

After the fair, Student Senate and Student Development sponsored a self-defense speaker, Steve Kardian, who gave a talk called "Reduce the Odds."  Kardian, who appears regularly on CNN and Inside Edition, was really interesting and informative on how to prevent yourself from being a victim of violence.  He had a lot of background experience and first-hand stories to share with us.

Last night I finished off my evening by sitting outside on my front porch, doing my economics homework and unwinding after a long, busy, but fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment